2012 Annual Appeal Letter
A Letter from our Board President
Dear Featherstone Friend,
There is great energy around Featherstone and a renewed focus on what matters most: our students, artists and teachers. Whether in the studios, the galleries or on the
campus, Featherstone is committed to all aspects of an artist’s development.
Your donation enables Featherstone’s:
- Year round Art programs for children and adults with need based scholarships
- Free after school Art classes for High School students
- Ability to showcase emerging and professional Island Artists, last year more
- than 270 artists were featured in our 33 gallery shows
- Community Collaborations with Hospice, YMCA, MV Museum, Community
- Services and many more
- Opportunities for Islanders and visitors of all ages and abilities to observe,
- experience and create Art; Painting, Drawing, Printing, Photography, Pottery,
- Textiles, Poetry, Videos, Music and Mixed Media
We rely on your help.
Featherstone makes a difference in the Island Community.
Your donation makes a difference at Featherstone.
I encourage you to support Featherstone Center for the Arts with a contribution to the
2012 Annual Fund. Be a part of this creative hub of energy on the Vineyard!
Marston Clough, President
For the Board of Directors
Featherstone is honored to be the proud recipient of a matching challenge grant of $35,000 that is given in honor of Francine Kelly, Featherstone's former Executive Director. Annual fund donations are matched dollar for dollar by an anonymous and magnanimous donor who has supported Featherstone since its inception in 1996.
How to Donate to Featherstone
Please consider making a tax deductible gift to Featherstone Center for the Arts.
It is never too late to make a positive difference… your gift makes it possible to enrich the lives of children, adults and families through the arts.
Create a lasting legacy for those you love through a Memorial Contribution to Featherstone.
Send your donation to:
Featherstone Center for the Arts
P.O. Box 1145
Oak Bluffs, MA 02557
Donation by Phone
To make a donation using your credit card,
call Featherstone at 508-693-1850.
Featherstone Center for the Arts is recognized as an IRC Section 501©(3) charitable organization,
Checks may be made out to Featherstone Center for the Arts and mailed to Featherstone
Center for the Arts, P.O. Box 1145, Oak Bluffs, MA 02557.
Stock by Electronic TransferPlease contact your brokerage firm and provide them with the following information to initiatethe transfer as a gift:Featherstone Center for the Arts account number 1893 2483 3133DTC number 0756Ameriprise Financial Services Inc.70100 Ameriprise Financial CenterMinneapolis, MN 55474The donor or their broker may direct questions to Jennifer Marlin at the Ameriprise office, 508-627-7777.It is also necessary to notify Featherstone Center for the Arts of your stock contribution. Pleaseemail Ann Smith at email@example.com.
Featherstone wishes for:
Featherstone Center for the Arts: Wish List 2012
- Jobo CP333 Processor & LIft:($3,000 & $500) Our Photography studio is looking to acquire this small, affordable processor, for creating truly unique photography.
- Epson Stylus Pro 7900 Printer:($3,995) Our ever growing photography department is in need of a larger printer!
- Fine Art Floor Model Etching Press:($15,000) Our homemade printing press has been wonderful but our artist students are itching to expand their creativity with a larger press.
- Stackable flat file storage unit: ($1300) to hold full sheets of large size artist paper and protect artwork
- Heavy-duty double-sided drying rack: ($600) for students' and summer campers' prints in our printmaking studio
- Automated External Defibrillator (AED): Our staff is CPR certified and requests an AED to keep The Featherstone Community as safe as possible.
- SMART Board: For presentations, informative workshops, video, photography, and graphic design classes.
- Optoma Pico Hand-held Projectors: Our after-school teens and our youth video journalists will utilize these projectors for showcasing their videos and projects of community organizations sustaining Martha’ s Vineyard.
- Hasselblad Flextight X5 Scanner: ( $18,995.00) Dreaming big for our digital darkroom with this "pinnacle of professional scanners, offering unsurpassed quality and scanning speed with multiple format capacity"
- Adirondack furniture: So visitors and artists alike may enjoy our beautiful campus before o after a class, at an opening, or on a sunny afternoon after walking the Land Bank trails.
- 8 foot long portable table (light weight): For our board meetings, opening receptions in the gallery, and special events. Light, easy to carry, and easy to store.
- New flat screen T.V. and DVD player:($400) for The Children's Studio - which provides year-round arts programs to children ages 3 to 10.
- Contemporary and Local Art/Artists reference material: Books to add to our library
- New sewing machines: For our quilting classes and to extend our fiber arts programs for both children, teens, and adults.