• Links to your business/personal website, phone number, directions through Google Maps (or other mapping program)
• Directory listings by name and medium
• A QR code for your individual landing page, and a marker showing your business site on the main map
• Participants are guaranteed postings in the events calendar, as well as the opportunity to submit special events that involve more than one studio or gallery
• We will be posting news from participants in the New and Noteworthy section
• The Arts App allows for information to be changed on the landing page, such as hours, initially by program staff and eventually by the participants
2. Participants should provide interpretation that gives the visitor an experience through exhibits, written materials, demonstrations, ability to view the working studio, conversations with customers, etc.
3. Locations must be easy to access and visitor-friendly. If the participant is a residence, it must have a separate business entrance that is well-marked, and street numbers must be on the mailbox or house. All sites must be safe, clean and tidy. For example: business with pets must be conscientious about visitors’ sensitivities; work areas where injury may occur should be made safe for visitors/observers by screening off area or providing safety goggles, etc. We encourage business owners to carry adequate liability insurance.
4. Participants are expected to keep the information on their landing page current. We ask that the information be reviewed monthly at a minimum. Special events and other activities that should be listed in the news or upcoming events section need to be submitted in a timely way. This will be determined as the app becomes live.
5. Participants are requested to include the provided QR codes on any printed materials developed and to include a link to your Arts App landing page on your business website.
6. Participants are encouraged to attend the seminar series this winter on an array of technology strategies that can be used to expand your marketing.
• For those not currently Martha’s Vineyard Chamber members but interested in both the app and marketing benefits of Chamber membership the costs are:
o $150 Listing Membership is a limited membership that includes participation in the app through December 31, 2013, a bold listing in the Island Book, a listing in the Travel Guide and on the Chamber’s website. Eligible participants include: individual artists, not for profit venues, centers, associations, artist coops, galleries and shops
o $299 + $75 Full Membership includes participation in the app, and a complete benefit package, live links, referrals, promotion and advertising opportunities with the Chamber.
If you would like additional information on the benefits of membership with the Martha’s Vineyard Chamber of Commerce, please email Ellen Gaskill Ellen@mvy.com.
Name of Artist(s)*: _________________________________________________
Contact Name*: _¬__________________________________________________
Mailing Address: (if different)
For the purpose of MCC Grant reporting, how many people are employed at your business*? _____
Phone 1*: ____________________________Phone 2:__________________________
Are you open year round? ___Yes ___No
Please Indicate your business hours for your landing page (must be no more than two lines)
Twitter link (If applicable): _______________________________________________________
Facebook link (If applicable): ______________________________________________________
1. Where do you display and sell your work? (Check all that apply):
__ Gallery __ Personal Studio __ Personal Website
__ Home __ Art/Craft Shows __Commercial Shop
2. Types of Art Displayed and/or Sold at Your Site:
__ Clay __ Painting __ Photography __ Sculpture
__ Jewelry __ Wood __ Glass __ Fiber
__ Maritime Arts __ Metal __ Printmaking __Furniture __ Decorative Arts __ Performance Arts __ Museum __Arts Center
For Individual Artists:
3. Do you have a physical space where people can come to view your work?
___ Yes ___ No
4. If your studio or shop is a home business, does it have a separate entrance from your residence?
___ Yes ___ No
5. Can people see you create your art where you sell it? ___Yes ___No
6. If you sell your art at a local gallery, which one(s)? _______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The Arts Foundation of Cape Cod will guide the final peer review process. For that, it is helpful for us to know if your art has been juried for any show or exhibit. Please indicate what year and what organization. (One example is sufficient)¬¬¬¬¬
7. Please write below the names of artists represented at your site.
8. What percentage of art displayed and sold is made locally (If applicable)?
___20% ___40% ___60% ___80% ___100%
9. What services do you offer for visitors? (Check all that apply):
___ Special Events ___ Classes ___ Tours
___ Gallery Space ___ Art/Craft Shows ___ Gift Shop
___ Other (Please Elaborate) _____________________________________________________________
Do you charge admission (If applicable)? ___ No ___ Yes. How much? ________
10. Please provide a clear and concise description of your work for your profile page.*
Please limit to 150 words. We suggest 3 small paragraphs (1-3 sentences each); one about the artist/gallery, one about the mediums used/type of art shown, and one about any unique aspect to your site that you feel should be highlighted.
Past participants in the Arts and Artisans Trails Guide, if you would like to use your current description, please leave a note below stating so.
Pictures will be included on the app for each participating artist/organization. Please send up to 6 photos of your art or site to firstname.lastname@example.org – include your location/artist name in the subject line.
It is recommended that pictures be between 800x800px and 2048x2048px. Jpg format is preferred, but png and gif are also acceptable.
A Profile/Main Picture will be used as a header on your landing page, so a wide flat image is recommended with a ratio of about 320px wide by 105px high.
We understand that it may be difficult for some to send pictures with these dimensional requirements, so please send what you have -- the higher resolution the better.
I have read the Criteria and Cost and believe that my business meets the criteria for inclusion in the ArtsApp. If it is determined that my business does not meet the required criteria, I understand my fee will be refunded in a timely manner. Further, I understand that by signing this form I am agreeing to participate in the mobile ArtsApp. I also understand that, if deemed necessary, I will be contacted by the Martha’s Vineyard Chamber of Commerce to schedule a site visit and answer any outstanding questions they may have.
The sponsors (Arts Foundation of Cape Cod, Coastal Community Capital, the Martha’s Vineyard Chamber of Commerce and the Cape Cod Chamber of Commerce) reserve the right to make the final determination of sites for the app, therefore I understand my willingness to participate does not guarantee selection in the app.
¬¬¬By signing, I agree to the criteria, payment and participation as outlined above:
___________________________________________ Date ________________
Please submit your payment with your completed application.
_______I am currently a member of the Martha’s Vineyard Chamber of Commerce and my cost is $75 in addition to my paid membership dues.
I am not a member of the Martha’s Vineyard Chamber of Commerce, but would like to join:
________ $150 Listing Membership is a limited membership that includes participation in the app through December 31, 2013, a bold listing in the Island Book, a listing in the Travel Guide and on the Chamber’s website. Eligible participants include: individual artists, not for profit venues, centers, associations, artist coops, galleries and shops
_________$299 + $75 Full Membership includes participation in the app, and a complete benefit package, live links, referrals, promotion and advertising opportunities with the Chamber.
Ellen Gaskill at the Martha’s Vineyard Chamber of Commerce 508.693.0085 ext. 10 or Nick Mavroides at email@example.com with any questions.
Martha’s Vineyard Chamber of Commerce
P.O. Box 1698, 24 Beach Street, Vineyard Haven, MA 02568 Tel: 508.693.0085
.docx ArtsApp Criteria and Application